Please note that all opportunities posted to The Cage and its accompanying Facebook page are un-vetted by the RTF staff.
NOTICE: All Opportunities Unvetted
April 10, 2019
SBIFF 2019 Film Studies Program
October 24, 2018
SBIFF’s Film Studies Program is a three-day symposium open to all undergraduate students from around the United States. The program emphasizes film appreciation, criticism, and analysis. Lead by SBIFF sanctioned film educators, participating students experience a packed program with access to SBIFF’s many events and opportunities, including:
· The opportunity to view some of the 200+ films with priority access.
· Attend the highly acclaimed Panel Series, where notable industry professionals come together for discussions spanning directing, producing, writing and women in the business.
· Hear guest filmmakers participate in intimate Q&A sessions.
· Partake in private sessions with filmmakers and national media professionals in a classroom environment.
· Experience the red carpet at one of SBIFF’s Tribute Events – an hour and a half of raw conversation about the honoree’s career.
The Film Studies program offers a unique mix of guided and self guided opportunities, allowing students to maximize their experience at the festival, while still pursuing their individual interests.
All accepted students from OUTSIDE Santa Barbara County will receive complimentary:
– Priority Festival access
– Overnight accommodations Thursday through Sunday
– In town transportation
– $500 travel stipend
To Apply, you must submit the following no later than November 14, 2018:
– Statement of Intent
– Unofficial Transcript
Here is a link to the application on SBIFF's website: