Please note that all opportunities posted to The Cage and its accompanying Facebook page are un-vetted by the RTF staff.
NOTICE: All Opportunities Unvetted
April 10, 2019
Coca-Cola Refreshing Film Program Presented by Regal Cinemas
October 24, 2016
Program Overview: Coca-Cola Refreshing Film Program Presented by Regal Cinemas is an exclusive competition that gives certain university students the opportunity to enter a script (each a "Script") for up to a 35-second (30-second film and 5-second filmmaker intro) feature introduction film ("Film") that will be judged by a panel of qualified judges. A total of up to 5 Scripts will be selected as finalists and each finalist team of students (each a "Finalist Team") will have the opportunity to produce a Film based on their Script that will be judged again in a competition for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winning team will have their Film screened nationally across select Regal Cinemas locations.
*NOTE* Students interested in the documents mentioned in the rules below, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have created a series of live webinar presentations for students to join. We will walk through the Program Overview and filmmaker challenge pdf together. Our goal is to bring the filmmaker challenge to life and answer student questions. We have 4 LIVE opportunities for students to join. Below are those times, please note your timezone.
1. Eligibility: Coca-Cola Refreshing Film Program Presented by Regal Cinemas (the "Contest") is open only to full time undergraduate and graduate students in good standing attending and 2016 graduates of 1 of the following 25 schools (each a "School"), who are at least 18 years of age, and who have legal authorization and documentation to prove such authorization to work in the U.S. for the entire period of the Contest (as defined in Section 4 below).
California University Long Beach
Columbia University Film School
Florida State University
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta)
Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah)
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
School of Visual Arts
The New School
University of Iowa
University of North Carolina School of the Arts
University of Texas
Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola bottlers, Regal Entertainment Group, Career Sports & Entertainment, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Co-Sponsors: The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313 and Regal Entertainment Group, 7132 Regal Lane, Knoxville, Tennessee 37918 (herein, collectively "Sponsor" or "Sponsors"). Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes each Team member’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, as well as any other documentation provided to Team members by the Sponsor, (the “Documentation”), and that Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein and in the Documentation. To the extent any conflicts arise between these Official Rules and the Documentation, the Official Rules will govern.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on October 19, 2016 at 1p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and the winner selection will commence on March 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Contest consists of 8 phases as outlined in the chart below. The Semi-Finalist Selection phase through the Winner Selection and Announcement phase dates are subject to shift slightly, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Phase Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET unless otherwise specified) End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)
Script Submission October 19, 2016 at 1:00p.m. ET November 13, 2016
Semi-Finalist Selection November 14, 2016 November 30, 2016
Semi-Finalist Notification December 1, 2016 December 6, 2016
Finalist Selection December 7, 2016 December 9, 2016
Finalist Notification December 12, 2016 December 14, 2016
Production December 15, 2016 February 9, 2017
Post-Production February 11, 2017 March 17, 2017
Winner Selection/Announcement March 18, 2017 March 30, 2017
Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
5. How to Enter: Eligible students from a single School will form a team of 1 or 2 students, 1 of whom must be a film student with directing knowledge (each a "Team"). If a Team of 2, both Team members must be from the same School and at least one must be in the Film or Animation / VFX Program. During the Script Submission Phase, each Team will be provided with an application form, program overview, film challenge brief, budget form, and contact information, via the School's film department. Using this information, each Team will complete the Application form ("Application") and create and submit a Script. A student may participate on more than 1 Team. Teams are permitted to consult with their School administrators. Team members may not be allowed to use School's equipment or facilities to produce the Script without first satisfying the applicable School's requirements for doing so. If a student has not taken the necessary course prerequisites, he/she may want to form a Team with someone with the appropriate access to the equipment and facilities.
Once the Script is complete, each Team must submit an online application at
http://bit.ly/Coca-ColaRegalFilmsApplication and email the Budget and Script in one email to CokeRegalFilms@gmail.com. The Application and Script will be referred to in these rules as the submission ("Submission"). If a Team of 2, both Team members must be identified on the Application or the Team will be disqualified. Only Team members identified on the Application will be eligible for any prize in this Contest. Submissions must be emailed by 11:59 p.m. ET on November 13, 2016. By emailing a Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Script Requirements and Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes your Submission fails to conform to the Script Requirements and Content Restrictions or does not meet any other criteria stated elsewhere in these Official Rules.
Must be in English;
Must be the length appropriate for a 30-second Film (approximately 1 to 2 pages);
Must contain a title page (in addition to the pages above) that ONLY includes the title;
Must NOT display the names of the Team members, or the name of the School; and
Must not include any other competitive beverages or brands or theater locations.
Must be able to be created and produced as a Film for $15,000 or less;
Must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
Must not disparage, ridicule, denigrate, or embarrass The Coca-Cola Company or its employees or products or Regal Entertainment Group or its employees
Must not include plans for the image of a child under the age of 13 holding or drinking a beverage product of any kind;
Any plans for the use of a child under the age of 13 must be restricted to a secondary role and he or she must appear with an adult in the same scene;
Must not include more than 10 actors;
Must not include any live animals;
Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
Must not contain text not created by Team member;
Must not contain material that Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
Must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Script is created;
Must not contain material that Sponsor deems indecent, vulgar, obscene, or offensive or any other questionable material, including, but not limited to, material surrounding terrorism, guns, foul language, and/or adult content;
Must not plan to contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by The Coca‑Cola Company and/or Regal Entertainment Group, which Team member has a limited license to use to create and submit material for this Contest only;
Must not contain material that Sponsor deems (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, defamatory, libelous, infringing or otherwise objectionable to Sponsor);
Must be the original work of the Team and created specifically for this Contest. Except for the limited license granted above, you may not submit a Script in which any person other than yourself or your Team member owns any rights (including, but not limited to, rights as joint owner or joint author). Your Script may not be based in whole or in part on the work of any other person (including without limitation, any other fictional or non-fictional material, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced), unless it qualifies as a legitimate parody under U.S. copyright law. If you have adapted your Script, or any part of it, from another original work(s) created solely by you or by your Team member, you must prominently disclose that fact when you submit the Script. If the judges, in their sole discretion, determine that two or more Scripts are substantially similar to one another, all such Scripts will be disqualified. In addition, the judges will disqualify any Script that has been previously produced or released, in whole or in part; that has won any prize or award; or that the judges, in their sole discretion, determine is not completely original; and,
Must not contain any elements that would violate third-party rights if used in a commercial film. Teams may not obtain the right to use these materials by license, permit, consent, or otherwise. CAUTION: This means, among other things, that your Script will be disqualified if it contains, or suggests that the Film will contain, such things as:
Trademarks owned by others, including consumer brands, all props and venues must be generic;
Copyrighted materials owned by others (including dialogue from existing movies, musical compositions, and sound recordings), unless the use would constitute a legitimate fair use parody under U.S. copyright law. Important Note: The judges, in consultation with their legal advisers, will make this fair use/parody determination in their sole discretion. Therefore, you should understand that your attempt to create a parody could result in the disqualification of your Script; or
The names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying celebrities and other public figures, living or dead, or look-alikes or sound-alikes of celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
Submitting a Script constitutes each Team member's agreement to accept Sponsor’s grant of a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use Sponsors' logos (the “Limited License”) provided solely for purposes specifically indicated in these Official Rules. Additionally, submitting a Script constitutes each Team member's grant to Sponsor of a royalty-free, irrevocable, exclusive license to use, produce, reproduce, modify, publish, and display the Script in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including, but not limited to, for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, each Team member agrees to sign documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the exclusive rights the Team member is granting to use the Script.
If your Script is not selected as one of the Finalists, after December 14, 2016, you may not use any permitted logo, name, trademark or any other branding depicted in your Script except for purposes of seeking employment and/or with prior written permission from the Sponsors. You may choose to use your Script with all such references completely redacted.
Notwithstanding any of the above, the Sponsors, their subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, distributors and bottlers also have the right to the unlimited use and reuse in perpetuity of the Script or subsequent Film, if any, for historical, archival, and/or documentary purposes in any public facility or any event owned or operated by Sponsor, such as the World of Coca-Cola museum and traveling versions thereof.
Any attempt by any Team Member to enter using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will disqualify that Team's/Team member's Script and that Team or Team member may be disqualified from this Contest and any of the Sponsor's other promotions. However, a Team member may enter more than one Script, if desired. The Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, corrupt, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Scripts, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Script, the authorized account holder of the email address used to send the Submission and/or listed on the Application form, may be deemed to be the Team member/entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each Team member may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Finalist Determination, Notification, and Requirements: The winning Team will be determined in 3 separate judging phases as follows.
I. Determination of Semi-Finalists
At the conclusion of the Script Submission Phase, a panel of qualified judges, selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will judge the Scripts and will select up to 15 Semi-Finalist Teams (there may be more than one per School) based on the following Judging Criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
Creative Fit to Theme and Tone (40%); and
Entertainment Value (30%).
The Teams who submitted the up to 15 highest-scoring Scripts will be the potential Semi-Finalist Teams and will proceed in the Contest. In the event of an exact tie between 2 or more Scripts, the Team whose Script received the highest score for Creativity will be deemed the winner of the tie. Each Semi-Finalist Team will work with Sponsor's agent and will receive feedback on the Script, rework it, and resubmit their script, along with a photo storyboard of their script to CokeRegalFilms@gmail.com.
II. Determination of Finalists
After the reworked Scripts are submitted, a panel of qualified judges, selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will judge the Scripts and will select up to 5 Finalist Teams (there may be more than one per School) based on the following Judging Criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
Creative Fit to Theme and Tone (40%); and
Entertainment Value (30%).
The Teams who submitted the up to 5 highest-scoring reworked Scripts will be the potential Finalist Teams and will proceed in the Contest. In the event of an exact tie between 2 or more Scripts, the Team whose reworked Script received the highest score for Creativity will be deemed the winner of the tie.
The up to 5 potential Finalist Teams will be notified on or around December 12, 2016, by email, mail, or phone. Each potential Finalist Team member (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") (along with any other forms deemed necessary by Sponsor, including, but not limited to a limited license to use Sponsors' trademarks), which must be received by Administrator within 2 calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her place as a Finalist Team member and the applicable prize. If a potential Finalist Team member cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, or is disqualified for any other reason, the potential Finalist Team forfeits the Finalist position and the applicable prize and the Team with the next highest score may be selected as a potential Finalist Team, time permitting, and in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a Team of 2, both Team members must complete the documentation or the Team may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Semi-Finalists or Finalists, or more than 1 Finalist per School, if, in its sole discretion. During the Script Approval Phase, each Finalist Team will work with Sponsor and partners to refine, develop, and edit the Script. and will submit a revised Script to Sponsor for final approval via the method specified in the handbook before the end of the Script Approval Phase. During the Production and Post-Production Phases, each Finalist Team will be required to produce a Film for $15,000 or less based on the Team's reworked Script and submit the final cut as well as a 5 second introduction and behind-the-scenes footage to Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 9, 2017, refer to handbook for details. FINALISTS MUST NOT SHARE FILMS WITH OTHERS OUTSIDE OF THIS CONTEST. Sponsor will provide additional details and requirements at the time of Finalist selection notification. In order to be eligible to be a Grand Prize winner, Teams must comply with all of the requirements in the handbook and other information provided. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to request minor changes or modifications to a revised Script and/or a Film, including but not limited to title or particular images, if it deems this necessary to fit with the Contest and/or other requirements, including but not limited to trademark issues.
III. Determination of Grand Prize Winner
After the conclusion of the Post-Production Phase, a panel of judges will select the potential Grand Prize Team by determining the Finalist Team with the highest-scoring Film from among all eligible Finalists, based on the same Judging Criteria and weighting specified above.
In the event of an exact tie between 2 or more Finalists’ Films, the Finalist Team whose Film received the higher score for Creativity, as determined by the judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winning Team. The potential Grand Prize winning Team will be notified via email, mail, and/or phone and will be announced on or around March 30, 2017. The potential Grand Prize winning Team member(s) will be required to sign and return a Declaration (along with any other forms deemed necessary by Sponsor, including but not limited to (i) exclusive license for the Sponsors to use the Film for 4 years with option to renew at the rate set forth in the handbook and the Declaration, (ii) limited license to use the permitted trademarks, and (iii) any other forms provided by Sponsors), which must be received by Administrator within 5 calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a Team of 2, both Team members must complete the documentation or the Team may be disqualified. If a potential Grand Prize winning Team member cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, or is disqualified for any other reason, the potential Grand Prize winning Team forfeits the prize and the Team with the next highest score may be selected as a potential Grand Prize winning Team. Only 2 alternate Teams may be determined, after which the Grand Prize will remain un-awarded.
1 GRAND PRIZE: The winning Team member(s) will have their Film screened nationally across select Regal Cinemas locations, all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
UP TO 5 FINALIST PRIZES: $15,000 to be used to produce the Film based on each Finalist Team's Script. Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Finalist Prize package is $15,000.
For all prizes: No substitution, exchange or transfer of any prize by any winner or Team member without Sponsor’s prior approval. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. Each prize winner/Team member is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with his or her portion of the prize receipt and/or use. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each member who is part of a Grand Prize winning Team shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to the Sponsors, a royalty-free, irrevocable, exclusive license to use, produce, reproduce, modify, publish, and display such Script and Film in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including, but not limited to, for promotional or marketing purposes for a term of 4 years beginning after winner confirmation, with the right to renew at the rate set forth in the handbook and the Declaration. Each member of a winning Team accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Script and/or the Film and that Sponsor and Sponsor's designees, in their sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Script and/or the Film as part of the Contest. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent that Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. A winner may/may not have his/her name or other personal attributes mentioned in the marketing and promoting of the Film created as part of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. If requested, each member of a winning Team and/or a Finalist Team agrees to participate in any and all media interviews (including but not limited to radio and television) related to the Contest. By entering the Contest, each winner or member of a winning Team consents to any use that Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest, may make of the winning Script and/or the Film. Sponsors will use the Film only in a mutually-beneficial and agreed-upon manner, as between the Co-Sponsors. Each member of a winning Team accepts and acknowledges that during Sponsors’ exclusive use period any use by the winning Team (or any Team member) of the winning Script and Film created as part of the Contest in whole or in part (e.g., entry by Team into any film contest) will require prior written approval of Sponsors. After the exclusive use period, use of any permitted logos, names, trademarks, or any other branding referred to or depicted in your Script and/or Film may only be used with prior written approval of Sponsors.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each Team member's consent for the Sponsor and its designees to use each Team member's name, biographical information, School affiliation, likeness, voice, city and state of residence ("Personal Attributes"), Script, Film, as well as prize information, for promotional, publicity and public relations purposes in any media, including, but not limited to, the internet and social media, without further consideration. Participation further constitutes Team member's acknowledgment that he/she releases and discharges the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity, defamation of character, or violation of copyright or any other intellectual property right, whether intentional or otherwise, in connection with such use. Team members further waive the right to approve copy of any such promotional, publicity, or public relations materials produced.
9. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, undeliverable or postage-due mail, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winners from among the Scripts or Films received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify an individual it suspects of infringement or it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, each Team member agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Coca-Cola Company, Coca‑Cola bottlers, Regal Entertainment Group, Career Sports & Entertainment, Inc. and its contractors HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective related companies, promotional partners, prize partners, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or wireless networks, network lines, both planned for maintenance, and unplanned; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing or judging of Scripts or Films; (e) defamation which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from disparagement of the winning Script and/or Film or any person involved in their creation; (f) late, lost, or undeliverable email, mail, or shipments; (g) infringement of any third-party rights which may be caused by any Team member's Script and/or Film or Sponsor's modification or use of a Script and/or Film; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Team member's participation in the Contest. Each Team member further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Each Team member waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Each Team member agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Team member be permitted to obtain awards for and Team member hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Team member and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
12. Winner List Requests: For a winner list, send an email with the subject line "Coca-Cola and Regal Films– Winner List Request" to CokeRegalFilms@gmail.com or visit: http://bit.ly/2de3agq. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.