Please note that all opportunities posted to The Cage and its accompanying Facebook page are un-vetted by the RTF staff.
NOTICE: All Opportunities Unvetted
April 10, 2019
Production Intern Wanted
May 5, 2016
Established in March 2015, Olajuwon Bateer Dream Academy was founded by NBA Hall of Famer Mr. Hakeem Olajuwon and Chinese basketball legend Mengke Bateer. The program that we are establishing is based on the idea of “Dream Academy” in which we aim to provide various opportunities to young players who love basketball and have a desire for the diversity that the American culture offers in helping to shape their characters.
OBDA is seeking motivated individuals as production interns for the filming of a reality television show. The show will feature five young athletes and document their journey to train with current and retired NBA mentors such as Ricky Davis, Clyde Drexler, and many others. The show will not only have basketball elements but will also incorporate real-life tests to help these young players grow on and off the court.
Key Responsibilities (you will be doing…):
· Assist in general office administration, and distributing production paperwork.
· Act as a courier.
· Help to coordinate the extras, and to perform crowd control duties.
· Assist production team with day-to-day responsibilities of current production initiatives.
· Assist with the development of the current project.
· Facilitate communication between OBDA affiliated company in China and the U.S. through detailed email, briefs, logs, spreadsheets, etc.
Qualifications (we hope you are…):
· Love of sports, especially basketball
· Detail-oriented with strong work ethic
· Self-motivated individual who has a positive attitude and able to work in a fast-paced team environment
· Able to multi-task on various occasions
· Preferred fields of study- Film, Media, Communications, Arts.
· Excellent communication skills
· Must be punctual and enthusiastic, and understand the importance of taking detailed notes and recording expenditure
· Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
· Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese and English (able to read/write/and speak)
Benefits (we can give you this…):
· Gaining tremendous real life production experiences
· Opportunities to work together with key persons of an organization
· Will learn industry guidelines and expectations
· Exposure to inside of the game of basketball
· Gaining excellent skills in leadership, communication, and problem-solving
· Work on projects that have a direct impact on the organization’s success
· Open up networking doors for possible future opportunities
Please send your resume and a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. The position is CURRENTLY non-paid, reimbursements and future pay options will be discussed. Position may be eligible for college credit.