Please note that all opportunities posted to The Cage and its accompanying Facebook page are un-vetted by the RTF staff.
NOTICE: All Opportunities Unvetted
April 10, 2019
FREESTYLE LANGUAGE CENTER RTF / COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
October 13, 2015
ABOUT FREESTYLE LANGUAGE CENTER (FLC):
Freestyle Language Center (FLC), created in 2012 and rooted in an “edu-preneurial" concept which challenges the boundaries of foreign language education, seeks to grow its unique language-learning community. Our initial growth (from 4 to 100 students in 18 months) shows the extent both our students and our team of teachers embrace our methodology / model of language learning.
● Undergraduate degree (or working towards) in RTF.
● Strong media arts skills, willingness & creativity to make interesting videos for social media (vine, vimeo)
● Computer / media editing savvy. Knowledge of Windows and Mac and various software applications including a firm grasp on graphics (to assist in creating promotional materials), including subtitling
● Strong social and communication skills ( to help engage teachers, students, community while filming ).
● Interested in Culture, Languages (preferably French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian), bilingual or multilingual a plus.
● Initiative and willingness to go above and beyond.
● Flexible schedule: Approximately 10-15 hours per week; including attendance at some events, 1 or 2 evenings per week at school, and some Saturdays (1 . hrs: 10:30 am - 12pm) each session
● Fun, outgoing personality a must!
● Own transportation.
● Assist in creating, managing new concept for our school: ‘Studio FLC’ , where students and
teachers provide language blurbs, testimonials about us on an on-going basis.
● Editing and preparing Studio FLC videos for social media, website
● Blog videos: coordinate and manage taping (with FLC staff / teachers on-site) and editing of videos and assisting w/ blog updates for our on-going ‘Polyglot Austin’ Blog (see website)
● Participate in, record at special company events such as film festivals and other cultural/language events
● Beginning immediately
● Compensation: 3 month unpaid trial leading to longer-term paid position.
● What you get: valuable experience in marketing a fast-growing company to build resume/future professional references. AND! Complimentary language class in either French, Italian, or Spanish, flexible hours and being part of a dynamic team!
Please call for an interview: (512) 296-9558 or e-mail: