Please note that all opportunities posted to The Cage and its accompanying Facebook page are un-vetted by the RTF staff.
NOTICE: All Opportunities Unvetted
April 10, 2019
Video Production Internship - Paid
September 3, 2015
You: A lover of Wes Anderson, the Coen Brothers, and Tarantino. You have a camera attached to your hand at all times. You eat, sleep, and dream about making it to Sundance or Cannes or both (because that’s how you roll) one day. You’re driven and eager to learn as much as you can to perfect your craft. And you’ve just realized the first step to achieving all your dreams is an internship at a killer ad agency with a kick ass production dept. But where are you going to find that?
Us: A 5-year-old digital advertising agency with a kick ass production dept. in search of a Wes Anderson-loving, Sundance-aspiring, big-dreaming, driven production intern for the fall semester. Based in East Austin and comprised of some of the brightest young minds around. We don't want to be the biggest, just the best. We work with national brands like People Magazine, regional brands like Torchy's Tacos, and local brands like A+ Federal Credit Union.
The Internship: This intern will play a crucial role in our production department. You will assist our production team with everything from photo shoots, to large scale video productions. Daily duties may involve, but not limited to, production planning, photography, art direction, costume design, casting, video editing, and on-set coordination. At the end of the internship, besides some money in their pocket, he/she will have increased knowledge in coordinating and producing still photo shoots and video content.
• Assist in managing end-to-end production of killer client and internal videos.
• Vet talent, hire crews, schedule shoots, and manage the post-production calendar for a dozen or more projects at a time
• Assist in managing projects and timeframes with absolute confidence and easily deliver polished results on time and on dime
• Oversee production teams (directors, camera guys, talent, audio engineers, video editors, etc.)
• Have a blast every frame of the way!
• Out-of-this-world organization and project management skills
• A firm grasp of storytelling and how to craft a compelling narrative structure
• Ability to bring out the best in interview subjects, documentary style
• Some experience producing video for web or interactive mediums (snap chat, vine, and YouTube videos totally count)
• Experience with final cut is a plus.
• Work well in a rocket-fueled, high intensity environment
• Technical chops—knowing your way around a production from cameras to lighting to audio—are a bonus